Now that my broken ribs are feeling better, I am starting my posts back up on what I did today to save money or not spend money, as promised! So today I:
1. Keeping lights off till dark.
2. I turned off the heat and opened the windows. It is 77 here today!
3. We like bigger breakfasts on the weekend and considered going to IHOP. But instead I made a nice ham and eggs breakfast here - at least $ 15.00 not spent.
4. Took my navy shower thereby saving on hot water.
5. Made my homemade dips for superbowl tomorrow rather than buy dips.
6. Washed a load of laundry in cold water and hung it to dry since off peak hours are all day today.
7. Totaled our spending for the month to make sure that our annual budget is on target.
8. I have been saving all my bread ends and stale bread in a bag in the freezer. It was full so I made bread crumbs today.
9. Worked an hour on a Christmas present for 2009 that I am making.
10. Double checked my menu for my Superbowl party tomorrow to make sure that I had everything. I am so thrilled with how cheaply I am able to give this party because of couponing and refunding.
11. Called a friend in NY using my free weekend minutes on my cellphone.
12. Used my gasoline points on my Fry's card to fill the van up saving $ .10 a gallon.
13. Made out and mailed some January Rebates.