Sunday, January 6, 2013
January 6, 2013 Money Saving Challenge
We did the following money saving today:
- Due to crummy weather today, I did not shop. So no gasoline used.
- I washed two loads of clothes and sheets in the HE washer using express wash and hung the sheets to dry. I dried the clothes using the minimum drying time possible in the HE dryer.
- DH cleaned the dryer vent hosing which was getting clogged. We don't need a fire.
- Lights are off until dark. Heat is at 66.
- Walked 30 minutes on the treadmill.
- Unclogged a drain with baking soda, vinegar and hot water.
- Made my own shake and bake from bread crumbs, seasonings and parmesan cheese.
- Cleaned the shower tile with our homemade cleaner.
- Entertainment tonight will be watching some NCIS reruns.
Please feel free to leave a comment and share with all of us what you did to save money today.