Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Money Saving Challenge: January 22, 2013
So here are the few things I did today to save some money:
* Cashed in 150 Coke Reward Points to get a $ 5.00 Olive Garden Gift Certificate to use toward lunch once I accumulate more giftcards.
* DH used up the bread while I was away. So I baked a loaf of herb bread in the bread maker.
* Made homemade Italian salad dressing from oil, vinegar, garlic, and Italian spices.
* Filed coupons into my binder that have accumulated the last few days.
* Updated my pricebook from the last few grocery shops.
* Started gathering all the financial statements that I need to do our 2012 Federal and State Taxes. I hope to get them filed the beginning of February. I am hoping that we are getting a very small refund. I don't like the government using my money all year so we never overpay quarterly by a ridiculously large amount.
* Filled the van up paying with cash from our gasoline money that we take out at the beginning of each month. Received $ .30 off per gallon with Top's points.
* Signed up for two free samples.
* Added 10 points to my Pampers Gifts to Grow account. I only add free codes.
* I have no extra space for extra towels in our master bath. DH started talking about redoing our master bedroom closet which is off the bathroom to make space for them. All I could see was $$$ signs. So I decided to clean the closet and get rid of anything we weren't using and move things out that didn't belong in there. We now have plenty of space for spare towels, washcloths, and toilet paper. So no money will be spent.
* Did a Taste A Monial on Oscar Mayer's Facebook page to hopefully get a Free Package of Pulled Pork.
* Cut down two pairs of long jeans that had become frayed and made shorts.
Now I have a question for all of you. Between our huge party, Thanksgiving, Christmas and this vacation, I need to lose weight. I am uncomfortable so I am looking into joining Weight Watchers. Has anyone lost weight with them? Did you stick with it? Is there another program that you have used that you lost a lot of weight on? I have never joined a program so I have no idea what works and what doesn't. Any help here would really be appreciated. Please leave a comment.
As usual please feel free to leave a comment and share with all of us what you did today to save some money.