Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Money Saving Challenge: January 23,2013
* Got a $ 10. Home Depot Gift Card from Recyclebank .
* Ordered a $ 5.75 Amazon.com Gift Card from Saving Star.
* Cooking a Kirkwood Boneless Turkey Breast for dinner in the convection oven saving 25% natural gas usage over doing it in the regular oven.
* Will be slicing up the leftover turkey breast for lunch sandwiches.
* Spending some time researching how I can save even more energy. My electric usage was up 100KWH last month and I can't figure out why. We did use a few strings of lights outside over Christmas but they are LED's and they take very little energy. Plus we used them last year and my bill was 100KWH less last year. Nothing has changed except how cold it is but I heat with natural gas so that does not explain the extra energy usage. I have to really think every time I do something.
* Mail today brought a Q for a Free 15 ct. box of Totino's Pizza Rolls from a Pillsbury Cookie rebate and 3 Free Loreal Samples. I also got a large plastic bag to put a donation in. I have nothing to donate so I saved it to use as a garbage bag.
* Since tonight is an off night for TV for me, I will catch up on all of my shows from last week On Demand.
Please feel free to leave a comment and share with all of us what you did to save money today.